Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Ditch That Textbook and Why I Love This Site!

I discovered this site  and have been using some of the ideas and templates I located here to improve my teaching. Without getting too into the nitty gritty, I have created rubric templates from every class that I located through the site (links take you to TWO sites so that you do not need to look all over) and this has already changed my feedback for students IMMENSELY.

How? Well, I used my roster and copied and pasted student emails into the roster tab. Then I edited the rubric to suit my needs. The roster to tab rubric allows me to comment without my messy handwriting creating issues, and I just click a button and the whole works generates individual links for each student to access their rubric, with comments, through email or Google Classroom (I paste it as a comment under their work). Easy peasy!

So, if I can make this whole process work (I have been teaching now for 18 academic years...), I am pretty sure anyone can do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment